Sunday 7 July 2013

More research

Last week I noticed an article on a new product that could possibly become another treatment like Collagenase: http://pipelinereview.com/index.php/2013070151428/Proteins-and-Peptides/Halozyme-Presents-New-HTI-501-Data.html.
 
It would probably be used in much the same way, break down a different component of the cords but otherwise not much different I think. I don't know if it's a good development, I am worried that it may become a competition and if Collagenase is not fully accepted as treatment then neither would be financially viable for a company. On the other hand they are not even doing trials yet, so I'd guess it will be another 7-10 years before we could expect it on the market. The fact that there is more research ongoing is very positive though.
Ideally the next step would be a cure rather than a treatment, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.
 
Gary has posted a link to a survey he is doing on facebook, if anyone has the time to answer a few questions please do so.
 http://srvy.it/17XvI7H
 
Enjoy the sun, at leasthand and feet may hurt less now it's finally warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment